Constance Nebbercracker (1931 – 1960), formerly known as Constance the Giantess, is the (former) main antagonist of Monster House. She is Mr. Nebbercracker's housewife who doesn't like people making fun of her. After being teased by children for years, Constance finally went insane one day and tried to hurt two kids, which resulted in her death and her spirit taking over the house. At the end of the film, the house exploded after DJ dropped a stick of dynamite in the chimney, thus freeing Constance's spirit.0
When she was in the freak show, children threw stuff at Constance and had her locked in a cage. Later that night, a youthful Nebbercracker approached her and accidentally startled her. After comforting her, he offers to take her away from the circus, thus making Constance feel overjoyed.
The next day, Nebbercracker takes Constance somewhere and has her close her eyes and when she opens them after being told to, she becomes jubilant to see an empty place where they can now build their home. Afterwards, Constance marries Nebbercracker.
While they continue to build the house one day, two neighborhood kids are intent on playing a nasty Halloween prank, and they throw stuff at Constance as she yells at them to get away from her house. After chopping a piece of wood from Constance's cage off, Nebbercracker overhears Constance in trouble and runs to her aid. After Constance tells her the kids are attacking her house, Nebbercracker tells her they're just kids and it's Halloween, but she ignores him by saying it's her house and the kids are hurting it. Trying to calm his wife down, Nebbercrackers tells her to look at him as he says he'll never let anyone mess with her as long as he's with her. Suddenly, an egg hits her and this makes her try to attack the children with Nebbercracker's axe. Nebbercracker tried to take the axe back from Constance, but this made her lose her balance. Trying to steady herself, Constance grabbed onto a lever, only to fall and be buried in cement in the house's basement.
Following Constance's death, Nebbercracker completed the house as Constance would've wanted that. Although she died, her spirit didn't leave, so Nebbercracker was forced to take precautions and pretend to be a child hater in order to save children from Constance's wrath.
- film, Constance's spirit reunites with Mr. Nebbercracker. She nods DJ and his friends in thanks for freeing her spirit before disappearing. At the end of the
Constance used to be a kind and nice woman, but when children threw food at her, she turned into an angry, insane, child-hating person. The only person Constance truly loved was Mr. Nebbercracker.
During the final battle, Nebbercracker ordered Constance to leave DJ, Chowder, and Jenny alone. As he tries to reason with her, Nebbercracker tells Constance she has hurt people and that he has to make things right. As he takes out a stick of dynamite, Constance's anger starts to rise, but Nebbercracker tries to calm her down by saying he's always done what was best for her. He proceeds to light a match on the house and is about to blow Constance up, only for the now-enraged house to scoop Mr. Nebbercracker up and try to eat him, only to be stopped by the kids.
After the house is destroyed, Constance's spirit reforms and reunites with her husband for a brief moment before disappearing.
- In reality, Constance isn't evil, but rather a sad character in the film.
- She is voice by Kathleen Turner.
- In the video game version of the movie there was a mannquin of her as a boss fight in the GameCube and GBA, but not in the DS version.
- it is unknown mannquin of her is going to appear in app game version since it is not available anymore (which was also unknown as well.) and it is also unknown mannquin of her is going to appear in the Xbox version since it was cancelled.
- In early drafts of the film for Constance’s character is not used for being too disturbing to keep the PG rateding for one when the house is possessed by Constance have humans organs and also when chowder discovers a mirror and Constance‘s ghost appear on the mirror and attack him.